Swann chesnel & yoann chesnel
And guess what, we are also brothers.
Awards & recognitions
• Staff picks / Vimeo
• Best film / Iso Film Fest (USA)
• Winner / VerticalMovie Festival (Italy)
• Official selection / A confined Urban Vision (Italy)
• Official selection / Anima Festival (Belgium)
• Official selection / Festival national du film d’animation (France)
• Official selection / Athens International Children’s Film Festival (Greece)
• Official selection / TIFF – Experimental & Animation (Japan)
• Official selection / 17th Athens Digital Arts Festival (Greece)
• Official selection / Animae Caribe International Animation (Caribbean islands)
• Official selection / ANIMAFEST GDANSK (Pologne)
• Official selection / LINOLEUM Animation Festival (Ukraine)
• Official selection / OFF – Odense international film festival (Denmark)
Featured & press
Stashmedia, 3dvf, Irkmagazine, Motion café, Thecuriousbrain, Greenscreen
Both prematurely passionate, we started to create stuff as soon as we could hold on a pen!
Graphically obsessed, our art direction explores moving images and mix media techniques. We aim at developing cinematic, emotional and unique storytellings that captivate viewer’s attention for him to be completely immersed into the story.
Swann focused on film and motion design. He worked for the VFX industry in creative studios in Paris after graduating from ArtFX school. During his years in the industry, he worked on animation films like Despicable Me 3, Secret Life of Pets, Sing, and many feature films as Compositing/Matte Painting artist.
On his side, Yoann focused on visual communication after his graphic design studies. He quickly became creative director in a Parisian agency and is behind many campaigns for brands.
We both desired to emancipate from the industry to feel even more creatively free.
We decided to link our skills around a unique vision and a new visual way of telling stories.
Away from big productions, we worked together on our first short film, Falling Down, which was awarded Vimeo Staff Pick and nominated best music video in several festivals.
The diversity of our skills allows us to either work as directors among a team or to make a film from A to Z.
As freelancers now, we want to create unique visual contents for brands and artists we like. If you are a studio, an agency or a production company looking for new talents to help you achieve your goals, please contact us!
Based in Paris and Lyon, we are always excited about collaborations, so do not hesitate to say hi and share about your projects 🙂